There I was at the Mugg & Bean restaurant, full of young professional customers on their lunch break. We had some business cards printed up with the Saddleback Johannesburg Facebook site and Blog site to serve as hand outs to anyone expressing interest in our exploration for planting a new church. Ron had already struck up conversations with a few people. He found friendly responses. He was on a roll. How do I begin?
I was standing near a sidewalk table where two young attractive ladies had finished their meal and were casually talking. I did not want to appear rude or pushy. I certainly did not want to act like someone using a pick-up line. There I was with my stomach in knots not finding any good way to reach out and engage these people.
God must have had a good laugh. He sent a gust of wind to blow the receipt off of their table. I retrieved the receipt and said hello. I told them that I was from the U.S. as they might tell from my accent. It is a strange feeling realizing that you are the one with an accent. Anyway they were quite receptive to the idea of a new church in their area. They agreed to having their picture taken with me any any of our team, and posted on Facebook. The idea of networking through Facebook is quite natural to this young generation.

No comments:
Post a Comment