Hello Saddleback Joburg supporters, followers, and loved ones!
The second team will be departing in less than 36 hours for Johannesburg!!!
I would like to introduce the second team departing for Johannesburg.
We are a small group of 6 ladies, but don't be fooled, small most definitely does not mean weak.
As quoted from our beautiful and amazing prayer leader, Jean Mathers, "Girl Power combined with God Power is very effective!!"
(L to R: Carrie Lee, Odett Karam, Amy Lee, Annie Son, Teresa Karam, Tayen Kim)
I've asked the girls to write a sentence (or 2, or 3, or 10) to introduce themselves and say anything they'd like to say to our entire support team.
Annie Son
Hello! My name is Annie and I am 21 years old. I cannot express how nervous, excited, and honored and I am to be going on a PEACE trip with these wonderful ladies on my team. Through my preparations, God has revealed to me SO much about patience, team unity, FAITH, and TRUST. Without Him and the help of my awesome sisters on this team, I would not be able to do anything. I THANK MY SUPPORTERS for making this trip even possible for me to go on and just being able to partner up and join me in this groundbreaking journey with God!
Fun Facts: 1. Can do an impression of the old man of the "Dos Equis" commercial.
2. A brown belt-red stripe in Hap Ki Do.
Fun Facts: 1. Can do an impression of the old man of the "Dos Equis" commercial.
2. A brown belt-red stripe in Hap Ki Do.
Teresa Karam
Hi I'm Teresa Karam this is my first peace trip ever and I'm very nervous & excited. Thank you all for your prayers and support as we head to our Johannesburg destination.
Odett Karam
Thank you to all my supporters for their donations and prayers. It is also my first peace trip and I'm looking forward on growing my relationship with God and with the girls on this trip.
Tayen Kim (Team Leader)
Illustrator/animator and the director of the art organization, Derekstar. Also director of a mission movement working with artists and entertainers. Served on staff with campus crusade for 8 years in CA and Seoul, Korea. Small group host and community leader at Saddleback.
Brought up by zen master parents and accepted Christ at the age of 12. Feels called to artists and to raising up leaders, and loves working with different churches and organizations.
Amy Lee
Hello beautiful souls! This will be my first PEACE trip with Saddleback! I am 22 years old and I am utterly excited to be going to Jo'burg with these 5 gorgeous ladies. I've recently joined Saddleback Church (last October) and I believe God brought me to Saddleback for a reason and this journey (making the decision and commitment to go to Johannesburg with Saddleback) is all apart of His plan for my purpose in life. I can't wait for the things God is going to reveal to me in Jo'burg and I've been truly blessed with all the things God has already revealed to me through the entire process of joining this team and making the commitment to go on a PEACE trip. Words cannot express my gratitude to all my family and friends who have supported me from the day I expressed my interest in going on a PEACE trip, but I will shout a big fat THANK YOU to all of you for the sake of it! :)
Now that you all have a name and a face to Team #2, please keeps us in your prayers! We depart on Wednesday, August 8 at 1:40pm PST and we arrive in Johannesburg on August 9 at 9:20pm SAST.
Our total flight time is approximately 21 hours!! Please pray that we have a smooth takeoff and landing, that there are no baggage issues, and that we arrive in Johannesburg safely!
We ask for prayers concerning our health and safety; that God would continue to bless our team and watch over us.
Thank you for reading and we hope you check back on us soon!
We will be updating the blog as soon as we can, and hopefully every night with pictures and possibly even videos!
Until then..... <3

No comments:
Post a Comment