Friday, August 10, 2012

Now Boarding...

Hello all!!!

We are sitting in the airplane waiting for our flight to take off! We are flying KLM Dutch airlines and eagerly waiting for takeoff!

Here's a short video of the team before we depart for our 21hr total flight time! If I am able to access wifi once we arrive in Amsterdam, I'll try to update once more.


Thanks for reading! And please pray for our teams safety and well being throughout the flight!

^(8/10/12 9AM Amsterdam/12am PST)The above was written before we left LAX! We have landed in Amsterdam! Despite the extremely long fight, the six of us are doing well and happy to stretch our legs while we wait for our next flight in 1hr! Another 11hrs of flying time to go so please keep us in your prayers! Thank you!

^(8/11/12 10:29AM SAST/1:29AM PST) The above addendum to the post was written at the airport in Amsterdam via WiFi. Since our connecting layover was so short, I was unable to post the previous written entries.

It is now 10:30am SAST. We arrived at IBMS in Johannesburg around 9:20pm SAST. Our driver, Wilson brought us safely to our lodging. We settled in, had a brief group discussion and prayer time, and went straight to bed! We plan on starting our day today with some group morning time (prayer, breakfast, devotionals) and then we are headed to the Apartheid museum and one of the local malls. When we return, we plan on watching a 2 hour DVD on South Africa to give us a little more insight into the Apartheid and the South African culture. I will upload all videos taken on the plane once I am able to access WiFi on my phone.

Please pray that we have a fast recovery time from our jet lag and that we learn a lot of South Africa during our visit to the museum and our first day in the city!

I'll be updating throughout the day, or later tonight so check back to see our videos and photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment